Presented for Full Tilt Fridays – Taste the Rainbow
Happy Pride Month, y’all! Not that we need a month to celebrate our fabulous selves, but its certainly nice to have an extra excuse to don our rainbows and glitter everywhere we go. I’ve also always wanted to make Skittles-infused vodka, and this is the absolutely perfect opportunity, right? It’s already my very favorite sweet treat, and mixing it with booze makes my long-ago college kid self so happy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Skittles vodka! You don’t need a lot. I did about 80 of the same color Skittles to 3 ounces of vodka, which is enough for two cocktails. Definitely don’t need the same color of candies to make it taste delicious, but if you want it brightly colored, try it!
- Lime juice (fresh if you got it, the bottled stuff is fine but I promise it’s more delicious fresh!)
- Triple sec (or any other orange liquor, or simple syrup if you don’t have this. This drink is supposed to be tart and fruity. Like me.)
- Cranberry juice (it’s what makes a cosmo pink… but if you’ve got a red/orange skittles vodka, you don’t even need this!)
- Simple syrup (IF you don’t have triple sec, or you want a sweeter cocktail)
You’ll also need some ice, something to shake your cocktail in, and a martini glass if you’re feelin’ fancy.